The Global LED lighting market accounted for $26 billion in 2016, and will reach $54 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 13%. LED lights are better than incandescent and fluorescent lights in terms of energy efficiency, luminance and lifespan, which is why the LED industry is going through astronomical growth.
Since the LED lighting industry is driven by innovation, there are tons of interesting facts about LED lights that are fascinating businesses, households, and even children. Thus, SeniorLED has decided to share some of the most interesting facts about LED lights and healthy lighting.
Here they are!
1. LED lights are highly energy efficient and consume much less power than incandescent bulbs and halogen lamps. Up to 90% of energy used is converted into visible light. Modern LED lights have the lowest power consumption and longest life span in lighting solutions.
2. Unlike incandescent bulbs and halogen lamps which take too much time to build up to full brightness, LED lights glow at full brightness as soon as they are switched on. Meaning, there is no time lag when it comes to better lighting.
3. LED lights have a really long life span. At room temperature, LED lights can run up to 50,000 hours. This means a single high quality LED light can last many, many years and save power as well as money for you.
4. LEDs are not measured in watts. Instead, lumens are used to measure light output provided by LEDs. This is certainly one of the most interesting facts about LED lights.
5. LED lights and energy saving bulbs are different. Energy saving light bulbs use mercury and special care must be taken to dispose them off once they stop working. In terms of performance and lifespan, energy saving bulbs lag behind LED light by a huge margin.
6. A glowing ball drop tradition that started in 1907 in New York City earlier used traditional bulbs but now uses 32,256 individual LED lights behind 2,688 triangles made of Waterford crystal. The LED bulbs use 88% less energy.
7. Due to their compact size, reliability, fracture resistant nature, and high durability, LED lights are being used in variety of different products such as traffic signals, street lights, and televisions.
8. Heat is generated by the LED diodes but the light is designed to dissipate this heat very quickly to protect the electronics. This means that the light beam won’t feel hot.
9. From 2011 to 2012, global LED light sales increased by 22%. By 2030, it is estimated that LED lights will account for nearly 75% of all lighting on the market.
10. In 2012, about 49 million LED lights were installed in the U.S alone. The government registered savings of about $675 million in annual energy costs. Switching entirely to LED lights in next 20 years could save $250 billion in energy costs.
Buy LED lights from SeniorLED
SeniorLED is leading the LED market in terms of innovation, and has introduced innovative, healthy LED lighting products based on low blue light technology in the market. We have been manufacturing and distributing innovative LED lighting products such as low blue light bulbs, mood lights, circadian lights, and human centric lights for over a decade now. Our growing network of distributors and client base is the testimony of our dominance in lighting market.
A registered brand in the USA and Canada, SeniorLED ensures international product quality and unmatched after-sales service along with AIG insurance guarantee. To inquire about LED lights or health related LED lighting products, call at (+86) 13964880018 or drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out SeniorLED on listly for new product lists, buying guides, and much more.